Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Magic Flute

Our Queen has heard your anxious plea,
at her command I set you free,
(Now Papageno's free to chatter)
No lying! That's a serious matter!
(I'll never tell another lie)
This padlock warns you not to try.
(This padlock warns me not to try)
This golden padlock warns you not to try.
If lying lips
could all be fettered,
If such a lock could close them tight,
then slander, hate and lies would vanish,
and men would live in love and light,

THEN SLANDER HATE and LIES WOULD VANISH!
and men would live in love and light.

O Prince!
Receive this gift from me!
Our queen bestows it by my hand.
This magic flute she deigns to send you.
In danger's hour it will defend you.
And by this flute great pow'rs are granted,
All human souls can be enchanted,
for those who grieve.
Forget their pain,
and stony hearts grow mild again.

Ah!

No comments: