Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Memories

I remember...
When I fell down the stairwell back when I was 6.
I was trying to catch the blue balloon and did not realize that my legs were not coordinated enough for me to run down the stairs. I chipped my front teeth.

I remember...
Catching as many ladybugs as I can. I would walk home from school with a handful of ladybugs to be kept in a tiny container.
I woke up one morning, and the container was no where to be found.
I cried for a day*which was probably an hour in real time*, and forgot everything once mom was done baking brownies.

I remember...
I use to hide in the crack between my parents' bed and the wall in their bedroom. I would run away from baths and that was the most strategic place to hide. Yea, I was always the queen of hiding in rounds of hide and seek.

I remember...
The day when I had to stand on the desk in class because I failed to complete my homework.

I remember...
Catching tadpoles with my hands, hoping that I could keep them in a tiny container. Too bad they needed water to survive. I couldn't think of a way to keep them wet the whole way home.

I remember...
Dad would always bring my sisters and I out for late night supper in the late night food stalls. Nasi lemak, teh tarik, chai tao ge..yummm...

I remember...
Being locked in the storage room. I was not allowed to come out until I could recite the times-table up to the multiplication of 10. That was NOT fun...

I remember...
Tearing, stomping and spitting on my piano books. I hated practicing piano. I guess Mom was always right when I was a kid. My practicing sessions did pay off and still does.


...so much from my past...so much to do...so many dreams....

cabbage wabbage

1 comment:

Benjamin Kasper said...

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...and all those memories will disappear like teardrops in the rain." - Bladerunner