Saturday, January 5, 2008

First Day In Augsburg for the year 2008

Dearest readers,
I'm back on the go.
Began work today, and will be assisting the new incoming international students for the next week.
There were a couple of them that came in today. You can tell by the look of their faces that they were tired and homesick/lovesick.
WOW...being away from home for the past 5 years has pretty much drained out my memories of how much I use to be homesick.
Life in Malaysia was wild and adventurous for me.
I was the princess of rebellion. I loved breaking rules.
I knew everyone and everyone knew me.
I had "friends". I had my boyfriend.
Then I moved into an unfamiliar land. Different language, culture, set of rules, people, climate, neighborhood...No more friends, no more popularity, no more boy friend, no more attention, no more "the Evelyn"...only a stranger, an international student who always sits by herself in the corner.
I was angry. God took away everything I once had. The power and the control I use to have are all gone.
I will never stay here for long ...
That was 2002, now it's 2008...and I am still here, alive and livin it up.
When things change, it seems like the end of the world. But through hope and patience, beauty will reveal itself to us someday.

=) Cabbage Wabbage

1 comment:

Benjamin Kasper said...

Does that mean you're back on campus?