Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm Not the Same

As I was remembering the 'me' 3 years ago, I started to realize how different I've become.
First year, I had my culture shock. It was weird because I didn't realize that I was going through a culture shock at that time. I moved here in high school but I've never been surrounded by that many Americans.
I use to be so naive. Innocent. Really dumb.
People on my floor use to call me ditsy and some of them couldn't really stand how naive I was.
People would make fun of me and make a joke out of me, and I would miss it. I would make silly mistakes and giggle about it.
Yea...I was so unsure. Didn't really think too much about goals and my mind wasn't focused on accomplishing anything at all.
I was so afraid of everything too! I remember feeling uncomfortable during my job interviews. And got flustered while I was typing out my resume. It seemed so foreign to me to write about good things about myself on a sheet of paper with hopes to get hired by the supervisors.
Weird...very weird...

Now that I think about who I was in the past, I realize how much I've learned and understood. How appreciative I am to everything that's happened to me in this college. Everything from the worst day to the best. I regret none of them.

Cherishing the skin of an apple.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: