Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sippin on my cup of coffee

It's a lovely lovely day. I can't believe it's above thirty when I walked out of my room.
This morning, I went to the gym. Had a great workout session.
I've been surprising myself with the amount of stamina I have lately. I'm pretty proud of myself. I guess working out consistently really pays off. You can eat a lot more without getting worried about gaining weight. Your breath is much deeper and healthier. Your energy last you longer for the day. Your concentration increases in class. And you are just an overall happier person.
Anyhow, that was a far tangent!!
So I was at the gym and I bumped into Jennifer who works in the enrollment center. She is a recent Augsburg graduate. As we conversed, inevitably, we began to chat about my goals after graduation.
What can be offered to an international music performance student?
There are no back up career for me and I have very limited options. It's either I go to grad school or find a job that is related to my major.
Before we know it, we began talking about how much Augsburg's education system has effected in the way we view life.
Vocation..yes I know I know! I'm sick of that word myself. But I must admit, viewing life through that "vocation" lens change how much you appreciate life.
Your purpose. Do you have a purpose?
Do you search for your purpose in all that you do? Or do you merely coast through life not questioning, not looking beyond, not trying to be better...?
Okay enough reflective question...but really, I just wanna take this time to thank Augsburg for opening my eyes--allowing me to see more in myself, and teaching me ways to integrate myself with the world without losing my identity.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: