Monday, November 19, 2007

Bicycling for the First Time

Singing with complete focus and being able to trust my musicality--allowing my ears to lead my voice and fingers. Not listening to myself, but being able to hear the music before my production.

After locking myself up in the practice rooms for a good 4 hours the past 3 days, I think I've finally understood what my music teachers and professors have been trying to teach me in the past decade.

This reminds me of the day when I rode the two wheeled bike on my own without Dad balancing me from behind for the first time.
"Don't let go Dad!" I yelled. "Don't worry, I will never let go, Sze Ling!" he said.
As I kept cycling, it got easier and easier. I loved it. The wheel kept spinning and I had a great balance. Excitedly, I looked back to face Dad and tell him how much fun I was having...only to find out he was miles away behind me. CRASH!
He let go. In fact, judging by how far away he was, I'm pretty sure he's let me go for quite a while by now.
Oh, but the fun. The freedom. The trust I had in my balance and the bike.

Nerves can really kill.

Cabbage Wabbage

1 comment:

YeeLing said...

ahhahaha! awww poor little jie sze ling!! xP

yeeling remember papa did the same to yeeling too xD hahahaha! pa, pa. x]

yeeling really likes jie sze ling's thoughts :D they're so interesting and fun to read! xD