Monday, November 5, 2007

Unconditional Love

Do you love a person expecting them to love you in return?
Can one still define that as love?
No. That is not love. That is selfishness. That is using the other as an object to attain your own satisfaction in life.
Someone once said to me "I love you, but I'm not romantically in love with you."
That is not love. That is lust. Desires. Not my desires, but his.

Laying down His life for His beloved. Now this is love.
Laying down your life and your heart to your beloved ones, not because you are expected to and not because you expect to be loved in return.

You just love. You merely want to give your heart to the other.
That should be your one and only desire.

That to me, is pure love. The love that I wish to attain someday.

"I breathe in a valley, breath out a mountain." -May Swenson

1 comment:

Benjamin Kasper said...

"Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real. - Iris Murdoch" Yeah, you and I both Ev.