Saturday, July 5, 2008

Self Pity

I am sad.
Emotions flopping through my mind.
The loneliness that I feel.
I obviously know how to deal with it.
Call my friends, make plans, hang out, and have coffee.

But really...do I want to do that?
Or do I prefer to just sit in my room for a day, pitying myself to sleep.

The friends that I had.
Over and over, how the hell did I end up neglecting them so much?

"I don't have time"...the usual excuse...
"I'm sorry I got too busy..." another popular one...

Self pity...
I don't want to cherish the ones I have now.
My mind is still lingering in Malaysia.

But really, who were and are my true friends from my homeland?
We are nothing but each other's acquaintances now.

So, you might ask...
"If you know all of this, why the hell are you blogging about your loneliness?"

That is a great question.
A question that I can never seem to answer myself.


Cabbage Wabbage

3 comments:

Hang Pham said...

I've been wondering the exact same questions.
Cheer up. the best best friend you could've ever had is your self :)

Mismo's blogg show said...

Yeah what's with the never ending torment you always write about. I have been reading a lot of existentialism lately and I have learned that a human being is free to interpret life in pretty much any way they want. So in your case I would suggest to give a positive meaning to what has happened to you and also to try to take action to make your circumstances be the way you think they should be.
P.S. Fuck the Financial Industry

Chue said...

let me suggest some blogs about self-improvement and self-love. I've personally found them useful. maybe you will too.

Seven Simple Steps to Inner Peace: http://www.srichinmoybio.co.uk/blog/inner-peace/seven-simple-steps-to-inner-peace/

Effective Ways To Get Out of a Negative Mindset: http://www.srichinmoybio.co.uk/blog/self-improvement/effective-ways-to-get-out-of-a-negative-mindset/

Some lessons I wish I learned earlier in life: http://www.resultsjunkies.com/blog/some-lessons-i-wish-i-learned-earlier-in-life/