Sunday, October 21, 2007

Home Sick

As you all know, I am originally from Malaysia.
My parents completed both their studies last summer and returned to our homeland, Malaysia. So, I am currently living and studying in the US on my own.
I miss my home terribly. I have not returned to Malaysia since the very second I stepped into this land of freedom.
I was writing to my parents before this. For some reason when I send snail mails or receive them from Malaysia, I feel a little closer to home. Maybe it's the just the thought that I am touching something that has been or will be touched by my parents/ friends from the other side of the globe.
Home sick.
How long must I keep waiting till I can return home.
Don't get me wrong, I love it here. Friends, cultures and the lifestyle here are all amazing. But why must the world make it so expensive and difficult for a young international student to return home?

Am I the only one who's feeling like this world is too big? Have you ever wondered the lives of people who are around you? Have noticed how many strangers there are in this world? The funny part is, we are all living in the same world--being shined on by the same sun, same moon and stars. Funny.

Cabbage Wabbage

2 comments:

Pummie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

this is an outlet of some sort for you huh? These entries do not encapsulate who you are at the core..but these are manic expressions of various facets of your soul taking turn thinking aloud on cyberspace...

..hopefully that much closer to the answers that you seek..

I am drinking soup and fighting hard to not to be sick..but I am alright... thanks for the music..especially the one about the "buying the cow, the horse, the cat, and the wife and feeding them all...because it pleases me.."