Sunday, October 14, 2007

RoomMate

Just so you know, I've had the worst experience with roommates. I've always somehow managed to offend them.
This year has been better. I love my roommates--all three of them. Good part about living in Oren Gateway is that we get our own room. So, when frustrated with someone in the house, we can just leave and hibernate in our cozy room.
There are times when I feel obligated to have strong friendships between the four of us. But, no. You don't have to be BFFs with your roomies. In fact, I've seen people who have roomed with their BFFs end up becoming bitches to each other--moved out and never spoken a word to each other ever since.
Anyways, the point of this blog is mainly to comfort and rationalize myself. I've recently got into something with one of my roomies who happens to be one of my greatest friends on campus. Though you might not be best friends or lovers, sharing the same space and seeing each other everyday can really do something to a relationship. You have to know your boundaries, how far do you wanna get to know your roomies? How much so you allow yourself to rub off/on each other?
There are certain things that are very very infectious. So, always be on guard and know who you are. Don't exclude yourself from having an enjoyable time with your roomies, but always remember that all of you are different. Just because you're living together doesn't mean that you have to become like each other.
She left for the weekend and she's coming home tonight. Wish me luck guys!

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: