Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jesse

This post is dedicated to my friend Jesse for he has taught me a lot this week.
I've come to a conclusion that in order to live a more fruitful and joyful life, it is better for one to not focus on one's own weaknesses.
This guy, Jesse is also a voice performance major. He is never afraid of singing. I've never understood how he could still focus on his performance and not look fearful even when he could not sustain his high A flats. His voice would screech and crack but his focus would still be there.
How is he able to focus in all his music classes--not looking stressed or tired or strained.
He doesn't seem to care too much about the stress in his life. He doesn't worry about making big mistakes.
In fact, that might be a trick. Make BIG mistakes. That way, you'll actually see your own weakness and not be able to run from it.
I have been focusing too much on my mistakes even before I make them. Yes, it's pathetic.

Never be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry for itself.

CABBAGE WABBAGE

No comments: