Monday, April 21, 2008

Stressed out

It's difficult to sing to empower when you are competing for a $2000 prize.
On Saturday afternoon at 1:48pm, I finaled for the Schubert Club in Intermediate Voice Catergory.
And I've failed. Got caught up in my nerves, tongue got tied, and I forgot my words.
The worst singing experience that I have ever had.
...Well, today we will find out the results and tomorrow, I'll be getting my critiques from Benita.
How do you not want to impress when you're being judged by a great singer.

I have 2 research papers and 2 presentations due this week. Can I make it through?
I guess I don't quite have a choice if I'm planning to ace this semester huh?

In truth, you shall be set free.
Something I've learned yesterday. The truth is, my body is weak, and my brain is helpless. But somewhere inside of me, God has given me the power to overcome. Somewhere inside of my brain, there is a switch that can only be controlled by me.
My choice. No hesitation. No middle ground. Just one choice.

And it'll make all the difference.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: