Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Mom

I feel like I have just moved past a new phase in life.
Meeting my mother, having her hear and watch me for the first time has given me a chance--permission to move on.
Little did I realize the greatness of a mother's love.
How much did all those questionings hindered from my growth as a young lady...when they were all merely assumptions with no evidence.
What was is it that happened when I was just a child? I could never remember the details of incidents clearly, but the conflicting emotions raging in me--those were the things that I remembered.
As my sister and I ran(literally) to the airport to pick my mother up the day before my recital, I've realized how amazing it was for me to have the opportunity to sing for my mother for the first time.
How many great artists get the chance to sing for their parents? I'm sure its not very many. And there' especially not many parents who would be willing to sacrifice time, money and energy to fly half way across the world to hear and watch their children sing.
When I saw my mother's sweet, loving and slightly exhausted face, I knew right away that all the anger and resentment that I had against my mother were illusions and assumptions. They were unnecessary and meaningless.
How did I manage to be angry at this sweet and loving lady?
As we embraced, I felt her strength for the first time.
My mother is a strong lady. Her power resonates through my skin. Her confidence radiates upon my face.

This I truly admire.

Thank you for your love.
Thank you for your heart.
Most of all, I thank God that I am a part of you and you are a part of me.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: