Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Recital

Alright, so I bet all of you are dieing to know how it went. =)
It was the best thing that has ever happened to my singing career.

People were tearing up--sheets of kleenex, glasses off, eye wipings, the smiles and sighings.
It was beautiful.
The music was. And everyone knew that it was.
This is what I've always wanted and will forever want to do.
Inspire.
Not to impress but to inspire.

I want to sing for the people--
People who cannot sing,
beyond all language barriers,
beyond all emotional baggage,
beyond all skin colors,
beyond all hearing,
beyond all stories,
beyond my personal interest,
beyond all types of interpretations.
I want to sing for the music.

This is what I learned through my recital.
I have the power and the gift to do so.
So why waste it?
Why sit around and doubt?
No more.
I sing because this is who I am.
A singer. A musician.
A humble servant to the Higher Power.

This recital was great, beyond my personal expectation.
But it is merely the beginning.

Thank you for all who have and are supporting me.

Cabbage Wabbage

2 comments:

Mnemosyne said...

Evelyn! I wasn't able to make it to your recital, but I'm so glad it went like it did. You are a beautiful person, Evelyn!

Sophie said...

When people listen to your music and tear up, you've done it. Bravo! Thanks for sharing.