Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Disorganized..MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

URGO has finally begun! My greatest fear about this research is my incapability in motivating myself. Time management too is a great part of my worry.
So, to avoid myself from being distracted, I am now making a schedule for myself.
I must be motivated!!! YARGHHH!!!

1Pm-2:30pm - Study/ Reading
2:30Pm-4:30Pm- Meeting with Janet
4:30Pm-7:30Pm-Practice
8Pm- Songs/Lieders search
9Pm- Study/ Reading

My Interview:

How long have you been performing/directing/conducting?
How do you view the demands of the operatic music business today?
What sort of skills/attributes/experiences do they look for in opera singers?
Do audiences today respond to the vocal productions or stage appearances?
Are the audiences today most likely going to respond to the a great sound or an appealing staged visual?
Have the current audiences changed in their expectations of a great production in comparison to the audiences in the past?
What do you wish to see or hear most in an opera?
As a singer/director/conductor, what is the most challenging task in creating a successful opera?

To the Singer:
When was the first time you had a break through in your performing?
What types of vocal technique exercises do you do while practicing?
What types of acting exercises do you do while practicing?
Do you find it difficult to be on your vocal technique while acting?
What has helped you the most in being able to be expressive on stage while still singing on your technique?

No comments: