Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Calling

Dear Father Almighty,

I hear your gift calling for me.
Every night, when I lie awake in bed,
I hear a loud whisper calling my name.
Over and over...
It sparks once in a while,
Random bursts of lights,
Just to tease me.

It wants my attention,
And it whines when I don't give it my attention.

Is it time yet?
Is it time yet?

Can I hold my own?
Do I have my own?
Am I the center of my universe?
Am I strong enough to not let the evil get the best of me?

I am a singer.

No, I am not drunkenly consumed by this thought,
for I am a singer.
It is me.

If I am consumed, what else can I do besides bringing the good news of Your gift?
If I do not sing, what will be the purpose of this great thirst that you have placed into my heart?

As long as I can still sing, I have no other choice but to sing.

Otherwise, I am nothing. And one day...
I will go to waste and Your gift will forever be unheard of.

Evelyn Tsen

No comments: