Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First day after a week of....

First day of class after my hectic week of recital prep.
It is so easy to get caught up in the list of tasks. You forget completely about who you are.
All the reasonings and passion that you once have behind each of your action water down.
And leaves you the feeling of nothingness, and pointlessness.
You become like a robot, only trying to do all the right things.

Where is your joy?
Is not one born into the world to enjoy life?
To enjoy the gifts?
To enjoy the creations?

There must be a way for me to love life even through its imperfections and challenges...

My mind is filled with anxiety, wondering what today will be like?
A day of discovering how behind I am in my responsibility as a student since I have offered my entire Spring break to my Recital.

Whatever it might be. It will be just another day, another week, another recital out of the entire painting.

I once painted a picture of a great hill. And decided to paint an up-close view of a flower covering half the view of the hill behind it.

Look Beyond was the name of the painting.

Truly, life is meant to be so much simpler than it seems.

Cabbage Wabbage

1 comment:

JJ said...

where's the painting now?