Sunday, March 30, 2008

I will Fight the Good Fight!

4 more days to my recital!!
I am PSYCHED and freaking out all at once.

I realized something today.
For a musician, there should be no such thing as reaching perfection in music.
Perfecting music is like putting up walls of limitation to your ability as a musician.
Perfecting music places you as the owner of music--you being in control of the music, which indirectly implies that you are greater than music.
Do you think music needs your approval to be music? Hell no.
Music will always be music even without you.
It is great and we only know so much of its power...
By perfecting it is manipulating it which can only result in distorted beauty.

To answer Jimmy's question, my painting is hung on the bedroom wall of Paul and Linda Sun. They are my sister's in-laws.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: