Sunday, March 16, 2008

One More Time

Recital after recital.
Today at 1pm I will performing in a recital at Mac Phail Center for Music.

How will this go? I do not know, but I will do my best in focusing on my music.

Being a musician is awfully challenging. Your job is to create beautiful music for the world. But it is a part of human nature, especially for people pleaser's to allow judgments, criticisms and self-consciousness to get in the way of things.
I find myself pulling away from a good performance as I begin to lose my focus on the beauty of music. It's easy to be consumed by thoughts like, "Do they like my voice?", "Am I too loud?", "Am I flat?", " Why is she yawning?", " Omg, he rolled his eyes!"....

Thus, today, I must live according to what I believe is true. I would like to enjoy exploring the wonders of a vocal chord, my vocal chord to be particular.

Understood.

Cabbage Wabbage

1 comment:

YeeLing said...

Yeeling thinks Jie Sze Ling did wonderfully well xD xD xD *HUGSSS*