Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Backwards nerd...

Current GPA: 3.846
Cumulative GPA: 3.733

Yea, decent grades...Sadly, once you hit senior year GPA's somehow loses its worth and meaning.
It's different for different students I guess, some students get so worked up about not being on the dean's list, some really like the number 4.0, and some just don't really give a shit about their grades and have fun in the sun doing a whole buncha bs all day *hey if that makes them happy(shrugs)*

Coming from a Chinese background, I was one to care about my grades. I was so consumed by grades in my freshman year that I couldn't write papers coz I was too worried about getting bad grades for them.
Yes, in other words...I was a nerd...just backwards. Coz I would end up procrastinating coz I was too busy worrying.
Perfectionism sets you up for failure.
As a nerd who wants to be perfect, I see the possibility to fail at the end of the tunnel. So like many other perfectionists, I choose to be idle and worry over problems that don't exist.

Now that I've learned this as a senior (yes, I know I've come a long way)seeing good grades on my transcript doesn't really mean much anymore.
It's great to know that you've done a decent job in the semester, but your grades doesn't mean as much as the experiences and lessons you've learned through your courses. They mean nothin if you're just as shitty of a person as you were in the beginning of your college career.

And now to close, words of wisdom from the Back Dorm Boyz...


Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: