Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Things I'm Grateful for 2008

As we move into a brand new year, it seems proper for me to acknowledge all that I'm grateful for in the year 2008.
I learned so much of myself this year. Good and bad. Mostly bad, but it was meant for the good.
I saw strength in myself. I never knew I had such power in me. I never knew I was allowed to feel such strength before.
I also saw myself in the most vulnerable and weak form. God did I hate myself.
I saw how my past is in conflict with my present.
How much I need to unlearn, and relearn of myself.
I learned to see my family through a different lens.
I saw the power of love, honesty, and sincerity.
I found Alec, who has been such a great support for me in this past year.
I learned to see the difference between pride and confidence.
I was given the responsibility to supervise student workers in the coffee shop.
I understood how much it gives me to serve others in everything that I had the chance to do. (at work, in classrooms, in my performances, with friends, with family, with strangers)
Finally realizing the joy I can find through singing.
Finally learning how to love and care for myself.

These of course do not list things in detail. But you get the idea. It's been a great year. I can only hope for more to be grateful for in the upcoming year.

Love one another.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: