Monday, December 29, 2008

My realization

Family loses importance when you hit the first two years of college.
It's so easy to want to pull away and prove to them that you'll be fine on your own.
"I am independent!I am a grown up!"
When you hit junior year, you start to realize...maybe all those parties, drinking, lollygagging with the senior boys, puttering aimlessly in the mall...
they don't really show much maturity. In fact they are very opposite to what you meant to prove to your family.
Your family on the other hand, misses you and are worrying for the zero phone calls, for the bad grade reports, the overdrafts in your bank account, and the ugly and disrespectful boyfriend you brought home the other day.
Who you think you are suppose to be in college is just an assumption.
I will not admit that I did not have moments when I truly enjoyed my first two years of college. They were years to rebel and presuppose your values and the "right" choices--to experiment.
But sometimes, it would have been better to just obey your parents and trust that their ways were learned through experience.
Sometimes, their words are not demands, but are of love and care.

haha..rediscovering moments from the past can really twinge your views of life.

cabbage wabbage

No comments: