Saturday, August 9, 2008

Philosophy

If you've never met a student from the University of Chicago, I'll describe him to you. If you give him a glass of water, he says, "This is a glass of water. But is it a glass of water? And if it is a glass of water, why is it a glass of water?" And eventually he dies of thirst. ~Shelley Berman

Is it worth questioning about everything?
Sometimes I do question beyond what's necessary and I get caught up in my questions.
Then I begin doubting about everything because I see how little I know and how little I've done.
I may also come to some dissatisfying conclusion in my session of questioning. I settle with my dissatisfaction...because I question the possibilities--I question the ideals.
It's more comfortable that way.
Successful and revolutionary men begin with imaginations.
They choose to do things that are yet possible, and they question the impossibilities--they question the reality. It's more uncomfortable and they love it that way.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: