Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pull-ups!

I did pull ups on an assisted pull up machine today.
And I LOVVVEEEDD it!
Although I didn't do too many reps, my body felt so worked.

Short Term Goal: By the end of this month, I want to be able to do pull my entire body's weight up with at least 3 reps of 10.
Long Term Goal: Be able to go camping and climb as many trees possible before fall ends.

Wiki: "A pull-up is an upper body compound pulling exercise where the body is suspended by extended arms, then pulled up until the elbows are bent and the head is higher than the hands, utilizing an overhand (pronated) grip.

Pull-ups primarily target the Latissimus Dorsi muscle group in the back, though many other muscles are involved in the movement. These assisting muscles include the Brachialis, Brachioradialis, Biceps Brachii, Teres Major, Deltoid muscle, Infraspinatus, Teres Minor, Rhomboids, Levator Scapulae, Trapezius Lower, Trapezius Middle, and Pectoralis Minor. [2]

Since multiple joints are utilized, pull-ups are known as a compound exercise."

YAY!! Watch out trees! I'm coming for ya!

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: