Friday, March 20, 2009

Childhood Sweet Memories

The smell of sun dried bed covers.
The smell of the morning dew. The wet mornings that we get...and the morning glories! the morning glories! They are so beautiful. =)
The conversations I would have with the trees in my backyard.
Washing my school shoes by the drain at the back of the kitchen.
The morning breakfast drinks that mom would make for each of us.
The fish oil and sun cholera pills that we had to eat before going to school.
The countless guests that my parents would always have over.
The Bible stories my dad would tell us.
The family prayers we would have before bedtime.

Why does the past always catches you by surprise?
What is true? and What is made up?
Which ones are illusions? Or me playing pretend?

I like playing pretend, but at this point in life, I find that one cannot survive merely pretending.
You actually have to live now. And grow up. The decisions that you make now can actually seriously effect your future...

Scary. But if you really think about it...what purpose can a life bring if you're faking through it on a daily basis?
Not much really.

But on the other hand, we must never take today too seriously. Because today leaves, and you will too someday. You must not take your life on earth too seriously.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: