Friday, March 27, 2009

Home Sick

I realized last night that I'm a lil' home sick.
The thought that my mom is flying in to the US on the week of my recital is actually giving me butterflies in my stomach.
She has never heard me sing live. The first and last time was during a choir's Vespers.
And I remember clearly she said that I could have done better in my solo.
Which was true, for some reason because of that memory, I can't help but to wonder if she'll say the same thing about my upcoming recital.
But I do not wish at all to sing to impress her. I don't need or want to.
On facebook, it looks like I'll be having close to 90 guests who would be coming to my recital. Exciting.

I'm gonna bring the house down baby. =)

I wonder what my mom's reaction would be...

Cabbage Wabbage

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Evelyn - no matter what your mother thinks or says, you have many, many people around you who love you and are very proud of you for pursuing what is in your heart. You're an amazing singer with a very special voice. I look forward to it every time I get to hear you!

Lisa Merrifield