Friday, March 20, 2009

I've Been Wondering

How is it that someone like me end up becoming an opera singer in the US?

Growing up in Malaysia, I didn't even know what opera was. I was not educated on the importance of opera on classical music until I came here.
And now, I am pursuing a career in it. Hoping that someday, I will become another Montserrat Caballe with a Callas twist.
Funny. Funny. Just makes me wonder what other things can possibly happen in my life time.

I've been reminiscing again. Comparing my past to the present. I am not who I thought I was at all.
In fact, I don't think I had a clue about who I was growing up.
It must be that whole being the middle child syndrome, but I've always been so unstable in my identity ever since I was young. My parents had no idea how to raise me. They could never tell what I actually wanted.

It's funny. Coz I really don't know if being an opera singer is my last & final decision. I'm sure things will change considering how it has been for me in the past 20 years.

Meh, just a thought that came to me in the past 15 minutes.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: