Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Honesty is Key

It's true. Every performance counts only if there is a tinge of honesty in it.
Every action counts only if it is driven by truth and sincerity.

Why don't we see the importance of honesty in life anymore?
Why don't audience realize that a performance cannot be true and complete without sincerity and truth?
As an artist, I find myself weary whenever I perform in disguise.
Hiding myself in the music.
Music is an expression, not a shelter.
It should transport the artist and the listeners to the world unknown.

Now, how can the artist lead the listeners to that place if they don't even believe in such existence?

The performance can only be true and honest if the artist is true and honest.
It can only be convicting if the artist is convicted by his personal instincts and emotions.

I think this applies not only to singing, but also to the ways of the world.

Whaddya think?

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: