Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Wish

I wish things were the way it use to be in the operatic world. Where singers did not need to sell their body on stage. All they needed was to focus on their singing.
Now, we are not only required to sing, but also to move, jump, run, act, scream. Unnecessary behaviors on the operatic stage.
The music tells you what is happening on stage. Most of the drama comes from you as the listeners.
And the very reason why singers don't sing well on stage these days is because they are worry about their acting skills and body movements.
Singers are trying to be actors, but they are horrible actors. So why try to act, when you have the music to do that for you? Use the the music.
I wonder how much freedom singers get on stage these days with the ruling stage directors and over the top slutty costumes.

Just a wish...maybe when I get there, things would have changed. They must, or I won't find freedom in performing the music.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: