Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Happy College Life

As I am nearing the end of my life in college, I've been reflecting on what it is I enjoy in college. It is sad to say that most of the things I've enjoyed at this place..are gone. They were all temporary. None of them actually lasted for all four years.
Honestly, if you'd compare my life today to the life I've lived in the first couple years of college, I cannot even begin to explain how much my life has changed.
Well, as I was remembering the things that use to make me happy in college, I realized how much I miss Sodexho...well, mainly Kathy the past manager of Coopers.
A year ago, Jackie Mills and I arranged this plan with the other coffee shop girls to buy Kathy a bouquet of roses for Valentines Day, just to show how much she means to us. I've never noticed this at that time(coz I was too busy with my own life) but when Kathy saw those flowers, she looked soooo happy. I swear she has never looked that happy and beautiful in the past few years that I've worked with her--especially since last year was probably her toughest year supervising in Coopers. (Everyone had a good feeling that Sodexho was losing their account at that point)
Now that Valentine's Day's comin, I might go pay Kathy a visit at St. Kate's. I miss her so so so much. The joy of working in the coffee shop has never been the same without Kathy. That high squeaky voice of hers, that vulnerability, that motherly sweetness, that need of a hug, that love she pours out to her coffee shop girls, that willingness, that strength, that understanding...

Now, I can't allow myself to dwell too long in this sappy entry since I will have to leave for my 7 o'clock shift with the 'new' Coopers' administration.

Everything changes, nothing's the same. It requires so much acceptance from me to live a happy life in college. Acceptance of the changes, accepting my mistakes, acceptance for the others mistakes, slowing learning and accepting the cycle of life...

Learning how to be happy in college is a 101 lesson on how to live the happy life in the real world...I really think so.

Cabbage Wabbage

No comments: